Are you looking to trim fat, lose love handles, and flatten your belly? We hear a lot about dieting and cutting back our calories to lose weight, but we don't just want to lose weight, we also want to lose fat... and fast!
In a nut shell, without exercising, much of the weight you lose will be muscle, not fat, and your metabolism will slow. The more muscle you have the faster your metabolism burns. To lose fat, you’ll need to add more exercise to your weight loss program. Try increasing your workout routine to at least 3 days per week for 1 hour each day. Or for faster results up that to even 5 days a week. Aim to get your heart rate into that cardio fat burning zone of 60% - 70% of your maximum heart rate (max heart rate = 220 - your age) for at least 30 minutes each workout and do a variety of strength training exercises for at least 20 minutes. You can best accomplish this by combining your resistenence workout with your cardio. Try circuit training or super setting your exercises. Concentrate on moving fast between exercises and not allowing yourself to rest.
Develop a healthy diet plan with fewer calories than your current daily intake. Then, increase the calorie deficit by burning more calories with both cardio and strength training and you will begin to see the fat melt away. For those of us that are visual learners, try this. 1. Get a blank piece of paper. 2. Draw a line on the paper near the middle of the page. Label that line "Food I eat". 3. Now draw a line about 3/4 of the way to the top of the paper and label that line "Calories I burn through exercise". Give yourself a visual idea of the distance between the two lines. That distance represents your dificit. Okay now change it around. Lets eat slightly less and workout more. Try this one. 1. Take that same line labeled "Food I eat" and move it near the bottom of the page. 2. Take the line labeled "Calories I burn through exercise and move it to the top of the page. Now give yourself a visual idea of the distance between the two lines. This represents what happens when you eat less and workout more. The bigger that gap is between the two lines, the faster you will start to see the results you came to the gym for.
1. Strength Training. Lean muscle helps burns more fat in both your active and rest states. To gain more muscle, you must strength train regularly. Lifting heavier weights at lower reps will burn more calories and elevate your metabolism. Don't worry ladies, strength training will not make you bulky, you need testosterone for that.
2. Cardio Training. Work up a sweat. Find an activity you can do for an extended period of time. Run, walk, cycle and spin your way to less fat. Try to go for 45 minutes to 1 hour with at least 30 minutes in the fat burning heart rate zone.
3. Circuit Training. An excellent way to burn fat is to circuit train. Perform a variety of strength exercises in a progressive sequence. To further increase fat burning, keep your heart rate up by moving quickly, or jogging, between exercises.
4. Know Calories Burned. Make the most out of your workout. Use Body Renew Solutions to which helps you track your calories in versus your calories out to learn how many calories each exercise burns. Popular cardio machines also include a fat burning settings to ensure you’re working at a speed and intensity to target fat.
5. Know Your Daily Calorie Intake. So, how much exercise do you need to perform? Body Renew Solutions will establish your daily intake for weight maintenance. Eat fewer (but not too few) calories and burn a lot more with exercise to create an energy deficit.
6. Track Calories and Nutrients. Design a plan and stick to it. Stay within your calorie and nutrient target ranges. Utilize Body Renew Solutions to track the foods and beverages you consume each day. Knowledge of the foods you eat will help you make better choices.
7. Eat Smaller, More Frequent Meals. Distribute food energy into 6 small meals per day. Eat 3 balanced, portion-controlled meals with 3 smaller snacks as needed. You’ll feel more satiated (or full), have more energy for workouts, and keep your metabolism revving. You will notice that your energy levels will sky rocket once you start doing this effectively. Plus you will be able to cheat with your foods more without having it show in the good ole midsection as much.
8. The Right Stuff. What you eat is as important as how much you eat. A fat burning diet should be low in added sugar, lower fat, and higher in protein. Eat lean meats, low-fat dairy products, fruits, non-starchy vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid added sugars and processed foods.
Body Renew Solutions is a program that we offer that allows you to not only track your eating habits, log your workouts, communicate with a trainer but it also allows one of our trainers to put together a routine for you to follow. You do it at your own pace, your own speed but its like a trainer is right there with you. We will put together workout videos for you to follow on your own in the gym or at home.